Monday, February 4, 2008

Embroidery and Quilting


This is my last art quilt I made for my daughter. She found the pattern while on a weekend trip to Gatlinburg. I always hit the quilt shops when I travel, so while we were there she picked out the material. I love working with batics because the colors are so vibrant. I added some metallic thread and beads for embellishment and hand quilted it.

This idea came from my friend Lola. She gave me a photo of one she saw on ebay. I made this for my daughter's wedding shower. The "cake" is made from white towels, rolled and stacked. I embroidered the wedding couple, date, and doves holding ribbon on seperate material and pinned them to the towels. The flowers were added for additional decoration. It made a great centerpiece.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Very nice. I love the quilt block..at first I thought it was a picture of a real cake..then I read your comments, wow, you fooled me...great job...

Lymryk Quilts Cats and Portuguese Water Dogs said...

The 'cake' is great! Looks real.