Saturday, March 22, 2008

Crazy Quilt Block


Recently I started working on a crazy quilt block and I think I am really going to enjoy this. I know that I can use my machine for the embellishment, but I like to do the hand work in the evenings. It helps to pass the time while the TV is on. I am already thinking about the next one.

I really like the magic chain stitch. That is the one with maroon & yellow alternating threads. I used Press n' Seal to copy the paisley design.

I like the couching I did with the yarn. That was different. I am having fun and learning new techniques that I have never used before & I know that my stitches will get better with time.

2 comments:

Malla said...

I love the rich colors of your block. And the curly coached thing is very creative. You'll soon be SOOO addicted you could not see it coming LOL.

Wendy said...

Your block is so pretty. The colors are wonderful, and I really liked your magic chainstitch.
Wendy