Friday, June 20, 2008

Finally Finished!!

I am finally in my new studio, which I have started calling my cottage. I have been working for about a week to get everything in order. Ricky helped me put up my baskets yesterday and I made my design wall. Just a few more pictures on the walls and all will be done.

This is the view from my door. I have my fabric in the baskets and also in the cabinet.
This is looking toward the front. In the front part of my cottage I have my supplies for scrapbooking and oil painting. The rest is for sewing.

I made this design wall yesterday and I wanted to place a few blocks on it. One is from Spring Fling. The other 2 are from "A Country Journal" block of the month. It is so nice to be able to start a project and not have to worry about cat hair getting on the fabric or having to make sure to put it up so the cats won't sleep on it. Don't get me wrong, I love my cats, I just don't like the hair on everything.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Your cottage studio looks absolutely wonderful!!
Sandy in South Australia

Royce said...

WOW! What a great studio. So much room and such good light. You are very organized.

Daybreak*Dawning said...

Lovely studio, so light and fresh! Thanks for sharing, KalamaQuilts

Christine said...

Loooove your studio, hope you will create a lot off ownderful things in there.

cheers
Christine

Barb said...

Oh my goodness....you are so lucky...it is absolutely wonderful....I am slobbering on myself as I am typing.

bingo~bonnie said...

What an A-W-E-S-O-M-E sewing cottage!!! you are so super lucky! Looks like you have room to do a few cartwheels in there after you get the last stitch in a binding completed :P LOL

I think the only thing missing is a cozy chair over by the window in the corner with a foot stool... for any hand sewing projects. ;)

Oh what I wouldn't give to have a place like yours.. or a near by friend with a space like this to visit. I could just imagine it now... all the laughing, sewing with a radio playing country music tunes in the background..... aahhh!

Enjoy your new cottage :) and keep sharing photos of what's on your design wall... ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie