Monday, September 22, 2008

Turned 55!

Another month has gone by and now I am another year older. I used to think that once you hit 50 things started going down hill. I now think that hitting 55 just makes you want to keep striving harder to make it to 80 or maybe 90. I hope I live that long.

Mom also turned 78 in August. It is hard for me to explain how she is doing, so I guess I will say that she is holding her own. Her vital signs are stable and I am grateful for that.

Amanda's good friend Tracy was killed in a car wreck last week. She was 37 and had 2 children, 5 & 7. At times like that it makes you really think about where you life is going.

I have finished 1 lap quilt, have 2 to quilt and bind. I am working on the Carolina Crossroads mystery quilt of Bonnie Hunter's. I hope to be finished with step 4 today.


This is my latest oil painting titled "Waterfall". The photo was taken at Fall Creek Falls here in TN by my daughter and son-in-law. I am pleased with the way it turned out but I am glad it is finished. All that green was really a challenge.

This weekend Ricky and I will be hosting our annual BBQ. Usually we have 75 to 125 people show up. Food, music, games and hayrides. I guess I will be busy this week with fall cleaning inside and out. Actually, everything goes rather smoothly. It is a little hectic until the day of, but then it all falls in place.

Have a good week and I will chat later.

No comments: