Sunday, October 12, 2008

What a week!

I can not begin to tell you how down this past week has been. One of the finest ladies in our church passed on Monday October 6th. Miss Althea was 96 years old and hardly ever missed a Sunday. She was my inspiration on a lot of days, when I just wanted to stay home. I felt that if Miss Althea could toddle into church, I could get myself up and go. She will be missed by a great many people, but I know she is very happy where she is now.

Then on Wednesday October 8th, Ricky's grandmother passed. She was 100 years old. I did not have the pleasure of knowing her, but I understand she was quite a feisty lady. I know her family will miss her greatly. There has been one other death this week and just today we found out about another lady in the community that is not well at all.

At times like this I am grateful that my mom is doing as well as she is, even thought she can't remember where she is or what is going on, she is still here and I will cherish the time I have with her.

No comments: