Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dear Jane Quilts starting in April

I am starting a new class next week and I will be working on two Dear Jane quilts. The class meets once a month and will last for one year.

One will be in these Civil War fabrics with a cream muslin background.

I so admire the talent that it took to make that quilt. Jane must have been one patient lady to hand stitch & applique all of those pieces and then quilt it.
One corner block is stitched with the following:
In War Time 1863, Pieces 5602, Jane A. Stickle.









This is the fabric for the 2nd quilt.

This print is called "The Quiltmaker's Gift". I have had this fabric for several years. At one time I was going to use it on the back of a quilt, but changed my mind. I think it will work up well using a cream color background. I believe it is quite appropriate to use this fabric because Jane Stickle was certainly a quiltmaker with a gift.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great selection of colors!

Mom got me the Dear Jane book for my birthday, but she hasn't got it to me yet. I can't wait to get a good look at it.

bingo~bonnie said...

wow what a great variety of fabrics... a very nice collection of CW's if I do say so myself ;) I've been collecting FQs thru swaps now for 2 years.. no idea on patter yet...

I hope you share your progress as you go with your once a month CW class. That sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie