Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My New Baby!


Here she is, born December 9, 1948. I'm not sure what time of the day, but she is simply a beauty. I have dreamed of owning one of these little ladies and now that has come true. Tomorrow I take her to be serviced and when she gets back home I plan on making my Dear Jane blocks with her, and maybe I will do some paper piecing. The stitch on this one is great and I can't wait to get started.

As you can see I have several bobbins and attachments that came along with her. I only wish I had the manual, but I know I can find one online so I'm not dissappointed.

The case is a little worn but that is okay too! I was told that it used to belong to an older gentleman that sewed and when he passed his daughter gave it to her friend. That lady did not sew at all and when she moved here to Tennessee she put it up for sale. I very seldom look on the internet for anything but I just happened to be browsing the other day. I found this and only had to travel about 15 miles to look at it and buy it. I still can't believe it! She is actually mine!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl.
I am wanting one so badly. I have my grandmother's old Singer Sewing Machine in a cabinet and am dying to get it out and have it serviced. She purchased it in 1953 and sewed on it the rest of her life.

Looks so much like this one but a little larger.

Have fun!!

Pat H. said...

OHhhh Love your machine. Congratulations!! Yes, please have it serviced before you use it. The wiring should be checked first to be sure the coating is still intact and not powdering.

Amanda #1 said...

At Goodwill once, I found a white Featherweight for $25. I almost didn't get it, because I really didn't need another machine. Mom talked me into, though. I went back bought it, and it turns out the timing was off. I was too cheap to have it tuned up, so just sold it on ebay (for over $300!). Someday, though, I hope to my own, functioning Feathweight!

Enjoy your new baby!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Lovely little machine.

Pam said...

Love your machine. I got one last year for my birthday. I have a photo on my blog.