Tuesday, May 19, 2009

House Class Lesson One


I have started a new class from Learning Fiber Arts, another group I am part of, and I wanted to post my progress. The first thing I had to do was take a photo of our house.


Then I traced it on a sheet of transparency, which was standard paper size.

I took the transparency to my local copy store and had them enlarge it about 275% which makes it come out about 30" X 24".


And today I finished my pattern which I created by taping sheets of tracing paper together. I used a pencil & ruler to trace the house again. This time it was more accurate. I have even added the lines on the tin roof. Next comes the fun part, playing with fabric.

3 comments:

Janet Hartje said...

Great start! Won't this be fun.

Chris from NJ said...

It looks wonderful, Kathleen. You did a really good job and have a great pattern to work with.

Kelly Jackson said...

I'm so impressed with your venture. I can't wait to see it unfold.

Smiles,
Kelly