Friday, July 17, 2009

Dear Jane Blocks & Mother's Journal

Today I finished 2 new blocks for my Dear Jane quilt. The pink one is Old Windmill and the blue one is Hanni's Crown.



I have also started my journey down memory lane with my mother's journals. It was something to read her words and wonder how she was really feeling that long ago. I don't know how long it will take me to get through 24 journals but at least I have started. I'll keep you posted on the progress and throw in some of her words along the way. I've been thinking about starting a blog with her writings, that way you can keep up with the progress. What do you think?

Here is a sample:
The tree of life is within each of us for it is the ones who come after us. We are each a tree and our children and their children are the branches. Then, same as the tree grows, we grow old and frail but the branches become stronger and make new branches and continue to grow and do well.

Mom, at times, had such a way with words.

No comments: