Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Husband is Wonderful!

Last year Ricky bought me a long arm quilting machine and I was so excited. I don't have a computer system on it but that's okay. I am learning a lot by free motion. Well, yesterday while I was at my art class Ricky fixed a table that sets on the frame of my machine. He put a mylar top on the board which makes it smooth like a counter top. He also made a stylus for me and attached it to my machine frame. Now I can try my hand at pantos which will give me a very wide range of quilt patterns.


I found a video on YouTube about creating your on pantos by using EQ5. I could not believe how easy it was. So, last night I created my first panto and now all I have to do is put some fabric together to use for practice. Ricky said I should make a quilt, but I don't want to wait that long. Here is a picture of my setup. I think he did a great job and I am so lucky to have him in my life.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Nice! I can't wait to see the wonderful things that come off your machine!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Yes indeed I would say he is wonderful. I love the set up....so inspiring. I bet you have a tough time sleeping and not playing all night long.

Congrats!!!

Smiles,
Kelly

~Trish~ said...

Where did you find the YouTube video? I've searched on everything I can think of and can't find anything. =)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have the link to the EQ video also.
Sheryl

bingo~bonnie said...

LUCKY YOU! I wish my husband was more of a do-it-yourself handyman type - my mom never made me aware that I should look for that quailty in a boy when I was dating LOL I guess since my dad was PRETTY AWESOME she assumed all men were naturally like him... haha - I'll be telling both of my girls all about it when they are older and dating...

looks like you are off to a great start to 2010 of learning new things! ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie