Friday, January 15, 2010

Talking to Myself!

Yesterday I had a long talk with myself about the time I spend doing things I really enjoy compared to the time I spend taking care of myself. I came to the decision that if I really want to sew or paint all day I have to pay for it. My payment is exercise. So, after playing in my studio yesterday, I "climbed those stairs" and spent 30 minutes on the treadmill. I actually felt good after it was over.

I have just finished my block of the week for my Dear Jane quilt,
as well as pressing some of my other quilt pieces, so now I am on my way out the door for a nice walk. I think if I look at "playing in my studio" as a reward for taking better care of myself I will enjoy it a lot more. The sun is out and the temp is about 57 so off I go. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Great job on taking care of your body as much as you do your soul! My hobbies keep me happy inside but I too need to work on taking care of the rest of me too.