Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Shops Closing

I have really been disappointed during this month because 3 of my favorite shops have closed. First I received an email telling me that my local quilt shop was closing. I think she is moving all of the material to her home. The next week I found out that my local Baby Lock store was closing.  This one really got me, I don't think anyone had a clue they were shutting down.  About three days later I received a letter in the mail telling me that another sewing shop was closing. I used to buy my material for baby dresses there. It was were I learned to smock and they had such a good variety of threads, buttons, and lace, oh my the lace was beautiful.  Anyway, I could not help but wonder what is going to happen to other independent store owners as time goes by. I will surely miss all of the friends I made through the years at those stores and I wish them all a great future.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

A really good quilt shop here is closing. It's very sad. Saturday they're having an auction to dispose of the very last things they have. It really hit home how important it is to make sure we spend money at locally owned businesses.