Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hemingway's Cats

I spent most all day in my studio painting.  Our art society is having an event this fall and I wanted to get to work on some pictures that have been hanging around begging for completion. So here is what I worked on today:

I painted the chairs and table as well as some of the greenery and flowers.  All that is left to paint are some additional flowers and vines and, of course, the cats.


This painting is from a photo I made at Hemingway's home in Key West.  There are quite a few cats there that have the run of the property.  I couldn't resist taking a picture of them lounging in the garden. They looked so peaceful and I love cats.

1 comment:

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

Such a nice painting and very talented lady. I am also in Tennessee and love to do both painting and sewing projects. May stop in to see you some day.