Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Look What I Found!

On Thursday I went to a city wide yard sale and this is what I found.


I have 12 circles all hand stitched from original 30's - 40's fabrics.  They just fit into a 9" square.  I am going to soak them to see if I can get them a little cleaner and then they are going on muslin squares. I'm also thinking about adding a sashing made out of squares of reproduction fabrics that I have.  I'll have to do a sample and see how it looks.  I was so excited when I found these and the lady gave them to me for $10.

2 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Just followed a link on the Quiltville list and saw this post. What a wonderful find!! If you haven't done it already, I think I would be inclined to attach them to muslin first, then soak them. Just a thought :)

Anonymous said...

Get a product called "Restoration" It's a granule soap that's available online - just google - 2lbs for about $15. I tried this on some old embroidered blocks that were stained from the hoop and probably hands and they came out sparkling clean.