Monday, June 14, 2010

New Quilt Block

Here is a block from my latest quilt in progress. It's a pattern designed by Debbie Bowles, "BQ2", from Maple Island Quilts.




I purchased the floral fabric to make purses with but, one day while strolling through my local quilt shop I noticed a sample quilt on the wall.  That was all it took. I had to have the pattern.  I am making 30 18" blocks which will give me a queen size quilt.  They really go together quickly. I should have the top completed this week.  You can see the pattern at www.mapleislandquilts.com.  She has some real cool patterns.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Kathleen, Love your fabric choice and thank you for the pattern site...Looks like some fun quilts! I want to order your BQ and another one too! How much focus fabric does your queen call for ? I'm into family history too ! Just wish there was more hours in a day :) Hope your mom came through surgery fine, and that she is recovering..my prayers are with you both. Julia ps my little sister is Kathleen also!

Lori said...

don't you love how easy and great that pattern is??