Tuesday, July 6, 2010

You Want Me to Make What?!!!?

While having lunch with Ricky today he said, "I want you to build something for me."  Build something?  "Yes, I want you to build me a tube that will go around my cow rubs."  Then he said, "I really need 3 of them."  You know, he has ask me to make things for him before, like window covers for his Jeep, covers for his music amps and a blanket to put up inside his plane in the winter, but this one, I think, takes the cake.  Cow rubs!!! 

I told him I had just received some fabric from a neighbor and thought that I had what he needed.  If not I can go buy it.  Yeah, more material!!!

So off I go to the barn to measure the rub. It needs to be about 10ft long and 17" around.  Once I get it made he will soak it in diesel fuel and a liquid for flies, hang it, and then when the cows go under it they will get it on their faces and it will keep the flies off and they won't get pink eye. 

I never know what he will ask me to do but it's nice to know that I can help him, even though he could probably buy what he needs.  After all, he has made things for my studio that has saved me time and money so it turns out to be an even swap.  I love life on the farm!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I had no idea!

Lori said...

what a chuckle! Love the dresden plates you bought. I sympathize on the washer--I know EXACTLY what those clothes smell like! And yes, once in a while we are asked to make unusual things. WHY do the men in our lives ask us to patch those insulated coveralls "they just tore today" when they've worn them for a month and the hole is now big enough (and frayed) that weaned calves can climb thru??

quiltingnana said...

your cottage does look so inviting....and I am enjoying your posts!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Diesel fuel? Oh boy I'm sure glad I'm not a cow....that would burn and stink.

The story will be a good one for those meet and greets where they ask you, what was your last project type conversation starter. Does he want some bling on it too?

Smiles,
Kelly