Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Girl With A Pearl

I finished my newest painting today.  It's a study, in oil, of Johannes Veemeer's "Girl With A Pearl Earring".  He painted the original in 1665- 1666.  My painting is 18" x 24".  She is one in a series of paintings that I will be working on titled "Women from the Masters".


I really love the original painting and I'm very proud of what I have accomplished.  I can't imagine the type of oils that were used in the 1600's.  One thing I know is that the painters of that time were incredible.  I guess that's why they are called "Masters" today.  The next in this series will be Mona Lisa.  

1 comment:

Borderline Quilter said...

Wow...I love your painting...it caught my eye as I watched the film starring Scarlet Hohansen and Colin Firth just last night for the first time....I just came by your blog somehow...love your sweet cottage!

Best Wishes
Kay in Scotland