Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pink for the Princess!

This small quilt is my first finish of 2011.

 I purchased the fabric in Dec. with the intent of making a purse.  After cutting the squares and laying it out, I did not like the way it looked.  Oh well, I'll do something else with it was my thought.  Then I remembered my nephew has a little girl, Abby who is turning 3 this month.  I remembered a video I saw about Dissappearing 9 patch, where you sewed the 9 squares together, cut down and across the center, flipped and sewed them back together.  That's what I did and this is what I came up with.  Abby loves pink and I think these colors are perfect for her.  I hope she has many happy days of playing with her dolls and this quilt.

1 comment:

Nann said...

What a bright and cheerful quilt! I'm sure the recipient will love it.