Monday, January 24, 2011

Valentine's Wreath

Here is a wreath I made for Mom.  She is in a nursing home and I like to keep something on her door.  This year I thought a Valentine wreath would be nice. 

I was roaming through some blogs on the net and found a site where they had made quilted hearts.  I thought that would be a great idea for a Valentine's wreath.  I used some of my fabric, cut the hearts, did a little straight line quilting,stuffed one and then did an embroidery piece.  I used Mom's pins that she wore when she worked as a Teachers Aide and some sticky hearts as embellishment.  I even cut the grapevines from our arbor.  This is a first for me and Mom was so excited to see it hanging on her door.

1 comment:

gigi said...

its so cute, and any mom would love that, heck I would too
hugs gigi