Friday, February 4, 2011

Returned the Machine

Well, the Singer machine was a bust.  I was really excited about it Thursday morning, got my coffee and headed into my studio.  The first thing I tried was sewing on denim and it failed the test.  Oh, it would sew the seam without any problem but it would not sew through the layers on the side seams.  I think there were 8 layers and it stopped every single time.  So, I packed it back up and delivered it back to the store, received my credit and left with information on a Viking Sapphire 835.  I don't know about that one, but I'll check it out.  I believe that I will see if I can find a used commercial machine and that will solve my problem.   I'll start looking this week for a machine but in the mean time it's back to my Quilters Choice which works okay for now. 

No comments: