Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sewing This Weekend!


I do not like to get outside when it's cold, even when it's like 30 degrees.  I spend a lot of time in the house just sitting by the fire.  While the temps dropped this week to around 3 degrees I worked on some needle turn applique, knitting and crochet. 

This is one of 3 applique blocks that I have been working on.  It's from a BOM titled Garden Party.  You can find the link to Sheryl's sight on the right side of my blog page.  I have not put the eyes on because I am thinking about using small buttons.  I am going to wait a while and see how the other blocks turn out.


This is my latest quilt that I am working on.  I am just doing a stippling and have made one pass already.  Just this week I received a set of Red Snappers and I really like the way they work on my frame. This is the first quilt that I am using Superior Masterpiece thread on the top and Bottom Line on the bottom and I love the way it stitches.  I was a little concerned at first, thinking it would be to difficult to use but so far so good.  I plan on ordering a cone size if it continues to go as well on the rest of the quilt.  Tomorrow Ricky is supposed to put up my design wall.  I have 2 memory quilts that I want to work on and I need to lay them out so I can decide where to place the blocks.  Those pictures will come later.  Well, I gotta go and figure out what I'm having for my dinner so I'll chat later.  Stay safe out there!

No comments: