Saturday, September 24, 2011

Today is the Day!

Our BBQ is today and by 5pm we should have about 150 people waiting to eat.  They will start coming in around 2 or 3 just to visit with friends, walk around the farm with the kids so they can see all the animals and just enjoy a bit of country living.  God has blessed Ricky and I with so much in our lives and this one day is a special one.  Granted, it is hard work before and after, but the friendship and fun that everyone has is well worth it.  Every year Ricky says, "I don't think we'll do the BBQ next year, but every year, for 16 now, we do and people come and have a good time.  I already have 2 crocks with white beans going and 2 pans of eggs boiling.  I'll make a couple pans of cornbread and then I'll be through so I can visit with everyone when they get here.  I'll take pictures this year and post them as soon as I can.  Have a great day!

No comments: