Friday, October 7, 2011

Home, Heart and Memories!

Our grand-daughter, Abby who is 9, is with us for a few days and she was talking about the possibility of her mom getting married.  She was a little upset because she did not want to leave the home where she grew up.  I told her that home is where the heart is and that where ever her mom and her live, it would be home.  We also talked about making memories and moving forward.

This morning, I thought about our conversation while I was cleaning my grandmother's pan.


I use the bottom of this pan, everyday, to make tea. It made many a pie filling in its day, when Grandmother used it.  I also use the nesting bowls that were hers.  I know it's hard to leave things behind, but in some ways we can keep those memories with us.  What about you, do you have items that you use that "stir up" memories each time you use them?

Life is a journey, roll down the window and enjoy the breeze!
Have a blessed day! Kathleen

No comments: