Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Memory Quilt for Mom

Yesterday I visited Mom at the Nursing Home and she spent most of the time telling me about her dreams.  Lately they have been about her when she was a little girl.  I really enjoyed listening to her talk as if it happened the day before.  There are times though, I feel she is slipping away from me and then other days she seems to be fine.

Today I pieced this memory quilt for her so she will be able to remember her family and see them even when she is alone.  I wanted it to be small enough for her to be able to look at each picture.  Now to get it backed with a piece of lightweight fleece.  I'm on my way now to see her and I'm taking this with me. Have a great evening.

Life is a journey, roll down the window and enjoy the breeze!
Kathleen

1 comment:

Dolores said...

What a wonderful memory quilt. My son bought a digital photo album for my mom and my daughter loaded it up with photos - mainly of my mom's newest great grand child (she too is in a nursing home and has good days and bad days.) It is constantly on and changes every few seconds so it's almost like a TV with still pictures.