Monday, November 7, 2011

Before and After

Today I thought I would share a little bit about the making of my studio.  Below is a picture of our home and to to side is a storage building. 


This is the "BEFORE" picture.


This is the "AFTER" picture. 

My sewing room was in the only room we have upstairs. After I quit working and really started to spend more time sewing, Ricky ask me if I would like to have a building of my own for my studio, which he calls a shop. I was thrilled with the idea, so we had a friend of ours who does remodeling work come out and take the old building down to the frame work and build my studio. Just a few steps from my back door and I'm ready to work or play.

 
Once you pass my studio you can walk on out to the barn and Ricky's shop.  The arbor in the picture is our blackberry vines.  We also have grape arbors and a few pecan trees in the yard.  Behind the house are the fields where the horses, a few of our cattle, emus, ducks and geese stay.  The rest of our cattle are in another piece of property that we have about 1/4 mile up the road. 
We love our life here on R and K Farm and I know we will never live anywhere else. 

Life is a journey, roll down the window and enjoy the breeze! Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

What a beautiful place! Your husband is certainly a gem as it sounds like your studio was his idea. He's a keeper!

Vic in NH said...

Kat, thank you for the full tour of your lovely property! Now it all makes sense to me. How wonderful!

Helen in the UK said...

How wonderful to have your own space completely seperate, but right near the house. What a wonderful DH :)

Love Of Quilts said...

How fabulous to have a shop. Trish