Thursday, November 10, 2011

Clean Up and UFO's

Yesterday I picked up the recent Studios magazine and while reading the articles I realized I wasn't utilizing my shelf space.  This morning I started re-organizing and actually found extra space for storage.  Imagine that!

During the clean up phase I found my Double Delight quilt pieces.  If you're familiar with Bonnie Hunter, it was one of her mysteries in 2009.  I started the step one, got all the pieces cut, pieced about 1/4 of the sets and stopped.  I didn't like the cream colored print I was using and I was going to "rip" and cut new pieces but never did. 

Well, today I picked out new fabric colors that I am very happy with and now have it added to my list to complete.  The dark color is chocolate brown.  I'm still using the blue squares I picked before.

I also pulled out my Dear Jane binder and Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Binder and added those to my list to start working on.  Dear Jane will be in the traditional Civil War fabrics (already have those picked and put aside)

 and Sylvia's will be in, what I call, Flour Sack fabrics or Depression Era fabrics, what ever you want to call it.

  I have to purchase some of those because I don't have enough to work with.  Now add 3 more quilts to my list of UFOs and I think I have enough on my plate. 

Life is a journey, roll down the window and enjoy the breeze! Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Melody said...

Three gorgeous projects to enjoy.

Christine Thresh said...

You found extra storage space? That's wonderful. If I clean up and sort maybe I will too.

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, I think it all looks completely beautiful!!!
XO
Cindy