Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Day to Remember

As many of you know, besides quilting, I am an artist.  Today, I finished my first commissioned piece that I have titled "A Day to Remember". 

This piece has been a great experience for me.  I can't begin to tell you how much I have learned from working with someone that is willing to have your work hang in their home.  I don't know that I will ever get the chance to do other commission work, but I am very excited about the outcome of this one.

Now, that this one is finally complete, except for the clear glazing which will protect it, I can work on my other pieces that I have sitting in my studio.  So, stay tuned for new works coming soon.

Life is a journey, roll down the window and enjoy the breeze! Have a blessed day!

7 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Congratulations Kat! How wonderful for you. Your piece is lovely...hope it starts a flow of commissions your way.

Jackie said...

Kathleen, it's gorgeous! I don't know how you're going to give it up. Congratulations on a stunning finish!

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, this is so totally gorgeous AND impressive!!!

XO
Cindy

Vic in NH said...

Quite wonderful, Kat! You should be very proud of yourself. By the way, is this done in oils? Those reds are so rich, just beautiful.

Wee Little Birds said...

Well done...your painting is beautiful, you must be very pleased

Melody said...

You are so talented. What a lovely picture, makes you want to relax just looking at it.

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

You truly are an artist. Love it!