Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thread Painting

Friday I finished this piece, titled "Northern Cardinal".  The 2nd in a series of birds of the seasons.

The actual photo was taken by Dave Gigliotti,  a wonderful photographer from Harford Maryland.  I  was viewing web images and found his photo, which led me to his site Shuttermonkey.  I sent him an email requesting to use his photo for an oil painting and fiber art.  I was thrilled when he replied, yes & send me a picture so he could see my version.  Now, I'm starting on the painting, which will take a little longer than 2 days.  A big thank you goes out to Dave for giving his authorization to use his work.  If you're in the Harford Maryland area and need a photographer, by all means look at his work.

Life is a journey, roll down the window and enjoy the breeze! Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Fabulous...wonderful....beautiful. I am over the top as this cardinal is so perfectly lifelike. Congrats on a great job.

teresa said...

This is really amazing. I just love the subject.. such a gorgeous cardinal.

Wee Little Birds said...

Being a lover of wee little birds I think your Cardinal is stunning

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, how totally beautiful!!!!
XO
Cin

Love Of Quilts said...

Now this is beautiful! Trish