Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday Treasure

Today I want to share my Tuesday Treasure with you.  They are a set of cups and saucers that have been in my family for years.  Each cup is 2" high and each saucer is 4" across.

They originally belonged to my Great-Aunt, Joe Kate Stone.  She was born July 28, 1882 and in my opinion, was a woman ahead of her time. 


From the stories my mother told me, she loved to travel, plus she was a college professor of mathematics  in Arkansas and somewhere along the way she changed her name to Josephine.

The cups were given to my Grandmother, who was born in 1900, handed down to my mother and now I have them displayed on a shelf in my kitchen.  I have always wondered if someone gave them to Auntie Joe or if she purchased them somewhere during her travels.  I guess that part will always be a mystery.

Life is a journey, roll down the window and enjoy the breeze!
Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Wee Little Birds said...

How beautiful, what a remarkable woman. It is very special to have items to remind us of our family.

Fiona said...

Wow.. how awesome to have those and that history in the family....
Hugz

Melody said...

What a fabulous thing to have and a great reminder of a remarkable woman. Thank you so much for being part of Tuesday Treasures.

teresa said...

Wow, these are true treasures. So glad you have them and your Great Aunt sounds like an amazing woman. Thanks so much for sharing.