Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday Treasure

Today is Tuesday Treasure day and I'm sharing one of the first quilts I made.

The Dutch Doll pieces were found in my Grandmothers cedar chest.  They were left over from a quilt she had made.  I have this hanging on the wall in my studio.  Grandmother was born in 1900 and passed in 1981.  She taught me to crochet but I did not become interested in quilting until 1995.  I know she would be happy to know that the quilting tradition has been carried on in our family.

I started my Tuesday Treasure by reading Melody's blog The House on the Side of the Hill.  Melody lives in Australia and has a great blog.  Each Tuesday she posts and asks what your treasure is.  There is a way you can link your name and blog to hers so others can share.  If you would like to join in check out her site.  Thanks Melody for making this available to us.
Life is a journey, roll down the window and enjoy the breeze! Have a blessed day!

7 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

How wonderful your wall hanging is and I am sure your Grandmother would be thrilled to see the thread continues. Love the little saying also. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa Felgueiras said...

Beautiful quilt.i love the sunbonnets.

Kathy said...

How lovely that you've been able to use these lovely dutch doll pieces from your grandmother. Your quilting around the dolls really helps them pop.

Couldn't resist travelling to your blog from Melody's - your name is my maiden name! Cheers from an Australian Kathleen (nee)Wilson :)

Melody said...

What an adorable quilt and thank you so much for joining in Tuesday Treasures.

Raewyn said...

Wonderful history to your little quilt - I know I would smile each time I looked at it.Your grandmother would be pleased to see what you had done with these.

Sheila said...

How very special to have this quilt finished , it is a great reminder of your dear grandmother and I am sure she is smiling to know you have carried on the quilting tradition. I love the new block you have just made as well.

Love Of Quilts said...

I love the dutch doll quilt.