Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Design Wall

Today I want to share with you what is on my design wall.  Half of my Blue Ridge Beauty quilt.   This quilt has 16 rows with 14 blocks in each row.  My wall is not big enough to hold all of it so I'm laying it out in sections.  I will be labeling each row in order to keep it together.

I have made several of her quilts and love the way she works with scraps.  I am also working on her latest mystery Orca Bay.  I am printing the steps when the come out, and testing the colors I have before I go all out with the pieces.  If you like scrap quilts and working with small pieces give her patterns a try.  They take a while to put together but the finished quilt is fantastic.
UPDATE  at 4:09 pm   I just came in from running errands and realized I have several blocks laid out incorrectly.  I am fixing the problem and will post a new and corrected picture later.
Life is a journey, roll down the window and enjoy the breeze! Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Wee Little Birds said...

Amazing, I don't know that I would have the will power to to put all those little bits together. I take my hat off to you. It does look fantastic

Kathy ... better known as Nana said...

I love that line: Life is a journey, roll down the window and enjoy the breeze! ;-)