Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Altered Book Cover

Okay, here it is, my VERY FIRST altered book cover.  I'm so excited about this project!!!!


I watched Effy's video, took notes and then started playing. First I found an old book (my neighbor owns an antique store and had one he gave me) covered the pages with paper to protect them then added some acrylic paint, torn scrapbook papers with mod podge and more paint.  I let it dry overnight while I thought about how I wanted to personalize it.  Several ideas came to mind but I settled on my a print of my last painting.  I pulled it up in Picasa editor (never used it before) and figured out how to add text then printed it off.  Glued it down (more mod podge), dried it with a heat gun, added a stamped border around and a little glitter.  I love the finished look.

Next I will be working on the inside cover, maybe a little freehand drawing, and adding my thoughts about the process.  Stay tuned!
May your dreams take you to the corner of your smiles. Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

This is completely STUNNING, Kat, and I adore the colors!!! XO Cindy

Vic in NH said...

You made a good-looking first effort and it looks like you had a ball playing with all the colors and textures! My only fear is that you will never come back to quilting now.
But if you've had some fun, the day is never wasted.