Monday, January 16, 2012

Back in the Groove!

I think I am finally back in the groove, sewing that is.  I have completed 2 Dear Jane blocks C-9 & B-5.  Each one has applique pieces and I don't do that very well.  Block 2 of my  Just Takes Two and J-1 of my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler block.  I also have 3/4 of step 1 of  my Double Delight quilt complete, and i started piecing my Blue Ridge Beauty rows together.  Pictures of my blocks are on the quilt pages.

I have changed a few things about my piecing and I hope it works to my benefit.  I have started using 50# thread, slowed my machine down and stopped using a quarter inch foot.  This year I want to be more accurate in my work and I hope these changes will help.

May your dreams take you to the corner of your smiles. Have a blessed day.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

The thing that has really improved my piecing is a single hold needle plate. The fabric doesn't get chewed into the hold anymore and for some reason, my 1/4" seam is much more accurate - probably because I'm not fighting with the fabric at the start of the seam I think. Good luck.

Vic in NH said...

Glad you are back to sewing! I say that an imperfect quilt is better than no quilt getting done. You do beautiful work but you are too hard on yourself. So lighten up and just get back to having fun with it! Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Kathy ... better known as Nana said...

I bought a quarter inch foot for my machine, and my seams were not nearly as accurate. :-( Went back to tape marking my quarter inch and had much better results.