Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm Steppin' Out

Yes, I'm stepping out of my box, comfort zone, or whatever you want to call it. Each year I learn something new instead of making resolutions and it has taken me this long to decide what that will be. 

First I must give credit to all the bloggers out there because your posts allow us to read and admire so much that we would not otherwise know is out there.  So I say THANK YOU!!!!

Last week while reading Angela's Textile Art  blog I noticed a post on Jan 5th that caught my eye.  I have always been interested in journaling and admire mixed media art.  Well, I just had to check out what she was talking about and BAM!!! just like that I'm HOOKED!!! 

In you're into mixed media, altered books, etc, you must check out Effy Wild's work at Book of Days.
I spent one afternoon watching her tutorials and it looks like so much fun that I can not resist.  So I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and I'm going to work on my own Book of Days.  Once I get it going I will post a picture or two and who knows maybe someone reading this will try it too.

May your dreams take you to the corner of your smiles. Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

Vic in NH said...

Congratulations on your new adventure in a Book of Days! Also, You are doing great on the piecing of Blue Ridge Beauty, too! and doing Leaders & enders, too, you ROCK!

Jackie said...

The link to Book of Days is password protected.

Stepping outside of your comfort zone generally signals learning. I'm looking forward to seeing bits of your new adventure!