Friday, February 17, 2012

Color

Today my page started out to be a face. As you can see, that's not what I ended up with. At least I know I can go in a different direction and still come out okay. I love the colors on this page and the quote from Wassily Kandinsky is so appropriate. He was a Russian artist born in 1866 and died in 1944. His work was Expressionism; abstract. He is credited with the first purely abstract works. He used very vivid colors and I wanted to create a page reflecting what I see with my eyes.


This is the quote on the page:
Color is the key.  The eye is the hammer.  The soul is the piano with its many chords.  The artist is the hand that, by touching this or that key, sets the soul vibrating automatically.

I will not give up on drawing and painting a face that I am happy with and one day I will get there. 
I know it takes practice and I will continue to work on this challenge.  Whenever I mess up I will just have to create something to cover it up.  If they turn out like this one, I'll be happy.
If you don't climb the mountain, you can't view the plain.

2 comments:

Vic in NH said...

"If you hear a voice within you saying, 'You are not a painter', then by all means paint... and that voice will be silenced."

-Vincent Van Gogh

(copied from my dusty quilted wall hanging)

Tralasong said...

Hi Sister BoDer - don't know if you saw my spread from yesterday - I've just recently gotten to doing faces I'm happy with. Tamara at Willowing gives a lesson in her free Art, Heart and Healing course which helped me tremendously.

This spread is beautiful. You have a marvelous attitude! xo