Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Is...

What is happy to you?  Is it laughing, spending time with family and friends, cooking, etc?  Today, for me, happy is....

Getting better every day!  Some of you may be aware of my struggle with drawing faces.  Actually, not just faces, but any type of drawing.  I can draw on a canvas if I grid it out and grid the photo.  Then I can paint the picture and get great results, but I can't draw.  I mean just sit down and draw something I have in my head.

This year my challenge to learn something new is just that, drawing.  I am working on that as I also learn how to create an art journal through Book of Days.   So today I am happy that I am making progress with my faces.  I will get there, I just have to keep practicing.  Now I'm off to do some sewing.  Have a good one and do something that makes you happy today.
 
If you don't climb the mountain, you can't view the plain.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I love your face / drawing! It takes a challenge to yourself to improve or learn something new. I so amazed myself two years ago when I realized I could draw my own applique patterns, and it took the art quilt challenge to do it. Good job on your journal.

Paula TheQuilter said...

The more you do it the better you get. There is something to say about that old adage: practice makes perfect. Well done.

Kim said...

I love your face! I agree with the others- practice and more practice and a person just grows and gets better and better. Today I am happy for sunshine and legs that work and allow me to go for a walk :) Hope you have a wonderful day too!!!

Tralasong said...

This is fantastic! She has such a calm but determined look about her! I love your attitude about facing your challenges - thank you for reminding me.