Thursday, February 16, 2012

Monet Makes Me Smile

I had so much fun with my first Monet painting that I decided to work on another one and here it is.  I started on it this morning and finished it about an hour ago.

"Water Lilies 2"

I love the paintings of his garden with the willow trees and water lilies.  He loved his garden and created beautiful paintings from various locations.  This painting is from his work "Water Lilies and Clouds" that he painted in 1903.  I really admire his work and just looking at his paintings makes me smile.  I feel like I'm right there, standing in the garden, with the breeze blowing through the willows and the lilies floating across the water.  I can just imagine how peaceful it would be.  I would love to have that kind of garden outside my door.

If you don't climb the mountain, you can't view the plain.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Oh Kat! This is gorgeous! You're really very talented and I hope you keep painting. I love seeing your work.