Thursday, May 31, 2012

Do What Matters Most

As you know, I have branched off into mixed media, drawing, etc. from just oil painting and I absolutely love it.  Lately I have been working in an altered book journal.  Well, yesterday I pulled out an old canvas panel and played around with it. 
I found a new set of videos by Christy Tomlinson a mixed media artist.  Each month she creates a canvas from a kit that she has available through  Scarlet Lime.  I love her work and decided to try to follow her video.  Here is my take on "Do What Matters Most".

I started with layers of paint, added a baby wipe that I had cleaned my hands with, cut the tree from scrapbook paper, cut the leaves from scrapbook tags, stamped the words and edge and used the dots from the center of the border used across the bottom.  I love it!!  If you like mixed media or art at all, check out her blog and website.  She has great tips and techniques.  Have a wonderful day.

If you don't climb the mountain, you can't view the plain.

1 comment:

Vic in NH said...

Fabulous! Now to dream up the right price for it because it is definitely marketable! Good job, Kathleen!