Thursday, May 24, 2012

Play Day

The heat/air guy was here cleaning our system, which gave me time to update my Ipad to Itunes.  Also added the free Kindle app, YEA!.  Now I have my kindle books on my Ipad.  Still sewing, painting & drawing.  Here is my newest drawing worked with my new Prismacolor pencils (face & hair only).
I printed off a copy of the photo and added her to the page. I worked the background with watercolors and soft pastel chalks.  She is my art page in my Soulistry Journal.  The prompt was A Spirituality of Play.  One question was "When was the last time you truly played."  I spent about 3 hours, just playing with my new pencil set and her face is what came from that. 

So, when was the last time you truly played and what did you do?  I would love to hear about it.

If you don't climb the mountain, you can't view the plain.

3 comments:

Walk in the Woods said...

Ya know … I probably play more than the average bear (so to speak) … and still hunger for *more* play.

I think I'll carve out so time and space for play today … thanks for the inspiration!

Vic in NH said...

What a lovely way to phrase your endeavors, as "play!" Your soul sister portrait is haunting, well done! I played at getting ready for a big yard sale here and am thrilled to finally be moving some stuff OUT! LOL!

Tralasong said...

This is just gorgeous!