Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Stitch Regulator


Today I worked (played) on my quilting machine.  I have a Homesteader from The Quilting Solution that I recently had upgraded with a stitch regulator and back handles.  I loaded a scrap backing, batting, and top fabric and proceeded to learn how to use the regulator.  First off, the top thread started breaking.  It seemed like everything I tried, failed. 

I had to call Jennifer, who is so helpful and quickly calls you back if needed.  She told me to mist my thread, especially if I leave it out in the open.  Well, this morning I did as she said, adjusted the bobbin a little and low and behold it worked.  Here's a picture of a feather, maybe a leaf, design I tried.

 
Not too bad for a first timer.  Now I can put a real quilt in and get going.  I finished Bonnie Hunter's scrap quilt, Blue Ridge Beauty and I'm itchin' to get started.

If you don't climb the mountain, you can't view the plain.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Can't wait to see your scrap quilt done! And LOVE the leaf design you did. :) I love scrappy things and am trying to finish up a top right now made with only scraps.
xo

Vic in NH said...

What pretty even stitches! Why, you'll be a pro in no time. So glad you chose to share the photo of your first efforts, it's really good!