Sunday, September 16, 2012

Handmade Journals

First I want to thank everyone for the prayers given for my mother-in-law.  She is back at the nursing home and beginning her rehab.

Friday was my birthday and I spent the day with my daughter.  She gave me about 2 weeks to decide what I wanted to do.  It was a toss up between the Frist Center which is an Art Museum in Nashville or the Quilt Museum in Paducah Ky.  I chose Paducah.  First stop was the museum.  They had a fabulous exhibit and I was in awe of the beautiful work that was displayed.

We had lunch at a great restaurant and then strolled the streets going in and out of the speciality shops.  I found 2 wonderful handmade journals with handmade papers.  It was the best day ever.




Sent from my iPad

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had the most perfect day!

Vic in NH said...

Another Happy Belated Birthday from me, too. Your daughter gave you the best choices and a gift of her time, as well. You raised a very thoughtful young woman, be proud!

Melody said...

Sounds like a wonderful day.

Sumaiyah Dymonz said...

Happy belated birthday! Love you journal score!

cookievf said...

So nice to read about your mother-daughter birthday "date!" A perfect day with someone you love, doing what you love. Couldn't ask for more!! PS love the pic of the animals just below <3
- vicki xo (swoon)