Saturday, November 24, 2012

Abby's Quilt

I finally have Abby's quilt loaded and I'm getting ready to "go to town quilting".



I have a great variegated pink thread for the top and a darker mauve variegated color to use in the bobbin. It's hard to see but that dark band across the top of the photo is the backing fabric.

I have also worked on my strips for clue #1 from Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt titled Easy Street.


If you're interested, check out her website for the info.  She always comes up with fantastic quilts and there are so many variations of fabrics that all the quilters are using.  There is also a yahoo group that you can be a part of.  It's really fun.

If you don't climb the mountain, you can't view the plain.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

That quilt is going to be beautiful!
Haven't gotten to the mystery yet....need fabrics for the black and white. I see you nixed the gray. I think that is holding me back too. I may wait to see how it develops before I get going.

Vic in NH said...

Good for you for getting back into the swing of the quilting mystery! And I love Abby's quilt, too. Nice score at Hancock's!

Kindred Quilts said...

Love the soft colors in Abby's quilt... please share photos when it's done!