Friday, November 23, 2012

Mystery Fabric and Fleece

This morning Ricky told me I had missed the sale at Hancock's Fabric Store.  He had the sale paper in his hands as he was talking, telling me it was over after the 21st.  You see, I always buy fleece for baby blankets to be given to our local hospital.  Well, he thought I had missed the sale.  God Bless him, he is a jewel.  Anyway, I looked at the paper and realized the sale price would be going up after 12 noon.  Boy, did I get a move on because it was close to 10 at that time.  I made it and stood in line for about 45 minutes. 


I came out with 20 yards of cute prints for my blankets and save $150 on my purchase.  I also came out with 2 pieces of batiks to be used in Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt.  The first clue was released today. 


I am finally going to use my batiks that have been sitting around for who knows how long.  I picked up the limey green piece and the black and white piece.  The white is actually cream with streaks of gold in it.  This one will definitely have me stepping out of my comfort zone but I love the brightness of it. 


If you don't climb the mountain, you can't view the plain.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Fabulous shopping. Well done.