Thursday, May 23, 2013

Dutch Dolls

Well, I couldn't take that background on my blog.  It had to go, not that I didn't like the color, I did but I wanted something that really spoke to me.  I noticed that you could use your own picture so I used this one...


This is one of my first quilts I made.  I can't take all the credit though. 

My Grandmother and Mother
 
My grandmother was a quilter and the Dutch dolls were left over from her piecing days.  I used them to make this small wall quilt and I have it in my studio to remind me her and my heritage.

Now, I will be able to live with my blog but I've got to figure out how to fix that picture of my studio.  I need to extend it across the page.  Oh well, that's for another day.  Today I'm still cleaning.  What are you doing today?  What ever it is I hope you are having fun.

"Your life is your message to the world. Make it inspiring." Lorrin Lee

No comments: