Monday, May 20, 2013

Watercolors and Rain

Watercolors and rain seem to go together, don't ya' think so?  Rain, that's what we have had most of the day (Saturday the 18th).  Not heavy, just a steady drizzle so I decided to play with my watercolors.  I have had the set for quite some time and I have been afraid to use them.  For me, going from oil paints to watercolor is a big step. 
Anyway, I read about this tutorial on Julie Fei-Fan Balzar's blog Balzar Designs and thought it would be great for my first attempt.


This is the photo I used.


This is how I printed it.
 

This is my completed work.
 
I will be working on other pictures in the future.  It really is easy once you get past the intimidation of trying something new.  I had to push past my "what if I mess up" voice in my head and go for it.  I'm glad I did, I like it. 

If you don't climb the mountain, you can't view the plain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.