Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Studio Pictures!

Finally,  I have my studio back together.  It has been a challenge for me but I have finished and I can now get back to doing what I love to do, quilting and art.  A few days ago I posted about the color and all the moving that was going on.  Here are the new pictures showing what I have completed.

I went from this 

To this....now when I am sewing I can see my fabrics and dream of new quilts that need to get done.  This shelving unit had all my art supplies on it along with other "stuff".  When I cleaned it off I realized I had too much "stuff" and I had to do something with it.


 I have moved my machine table to the center of the room, facing the door and window.  Now I can see outside as well as my fabric and threads.  I also like the fact that my design wall is behind me.

 This table now holds my serger, embellisher and extra sewing machine. I was using it for my desk.

I did put the baskets back on the wall and now they hold my stabilizers, yarns, canvas pieces and space for non-quilting fabrics.


I found this hutch at a thrift store for $20. 
 
 After some sanding, a quart of paint and a little inspiration I ended up with this....
 
A new cabinet for all of my art supplies
 
The small drawers were missing as well as the glass from the top doors.  Tossed the doors and used some template film, a little acrylic paint and stencils to make covers for the holes.  I may add a couple of baskets later but right now I'm lovin' this.


I have my other supplies beside my art table.
 

 
Last but not least, I have my desk back.  I was using it to do my mixed media on.  The only thing left is to paint it.  Yes, I'm leaning toward lime green.  I think it will look great and go so well with the rest of the room.  I also want to add some curtains and then it will be complete. 


I would love to hear your comments about my changes and if you have pictures of your space I would love to see them.

"Your life is your message to the world. Make it inspiring." Lorrin Lee

3 comments:

Melody said...

Wow, what a transformation. Fabulous room.

Jackie said...

I really like your new layout! Love the red against your wall paint too. I'm sure it feels really good to have your reorg completed.

cityquilter grace said...

very nice; i have both the elfa drawers AND the tall shelving unit and love both; really need another shelving unit but alas no space...looks terrific and oohh sooo spacious!