Saturday, July 27, 2013

Country Walk

Living in the country has always been a blessing to me.  The other day I decided to take a walk around the road from my house.  I guess it's about 3 miles.  I have started reading a book titled Inner Excavate by Liz Lamoreux.  In the first section she talks about recording your day with pictures.  So off I go with my camera to see what I can see.

I get about 1/2 mile away and low and behold I see this.

A group of turkeys, out for a walk.  One mama was leading the pack and there were 2 or 3 other moms in the group.

 They were crossing the road from our pond to the corn field.  I thought they were so cute, out for their morning stroll just like me.

 I get a little further down the road and see a few of our cows.  They were out grazing in the morning sun.

As I walked on past our fields and around the road I noticed butterflies in the field.  I zoomed it with my camera and tried to catch them on the flowers.  That's not an easy task to do.

 This little guy always watches me as I walk past his field.  This picture will eventually become one of my oil paintings.
 Just a little ways up and this one was in the road.  There is a pair that my neighbor feeds in her front yard. 
 Now, this was not my favorite sight.  I zoomed in on this "chicken snake" so I could get the picture.  Let me tell ya, I made sure I could get out of the way if  it decided to move.  It stayed very still, I guess it didn't want me around it either.

Now I'm back home and Dusty was hanging around one of Ricky's old tractors.  You know, I have walked that road many a day and never noticed a thing.  It just showed me how much I miss by not taking the time to enjoy the view.  So get out there and enjoy the day.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

The snake is huge! He looks like he just ate too! When it cools down, I hope to get back outside to do some walking. That will be some time from now and we don't have the beautiful wildlife you have as we live in the city.

Melody said...

Such a fabulous post. I really enjoyed it.

artimess said...

Hi Kathleen, thank you for your encouragement. I love your photos and the story of your walk - it's so easy to miss the good things around us! Thank you for the inspiration.