Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Minnie Mouse

About 3 weeks ago my neighbor came by.  Usually he stops to talk with Ricky about cows, tractors or anything else farm related.  Not that day.  He walked right past Ricky and into the house to talk to me.  He told me all about his new grand-daughter that had just been born the day before.  Now mind you, he doesn't miss a detail.  Not that I minded, it was just a little unusual to hear him talking about a baby delivery.

Anyway, after all that was done he ask if I would make him a baby quilt.  Before I knew it I said sure, I can manage that.  You see, I was thinking about the fabric I already had that I could use.  Then he hit me with the décor.  The parents have her room decorated in Minnie Mouse.  Do you know how hard it is to find Minnie Mouse fabric?

I found this sweet print at Equilter.com.  I then added other fabric that I had in my stash.  When he ask me about the quilt he also ask if I could embroider her name on it.  Of course I said I would.  Well, here it is, all pieced together.

It's up on my design wall while I decide if it needs borders.  Right now I'm thinking no but what do you think?  I am going to use the black for the binding.  I have enough of the print to use as the backing.  Maybe the solid red/fuchsia in a 3 in border would pull it all together.  What would you do?

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Like you, I don't think it needs borders. I ♥ ♥ ♥ eQuilter! I can always find what I need there.

Melody said...

What a good person your are. A lovely quilt.