Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Barn Quilts

For the past month I have been a volunteer to help paint Barn Quilts for the city of Goodlettsville, TN.  There were several artists from Artists on Main Studio and Gallery (where I paint on Weds.) that worked on the panels. 

 This is the Monkey Wrench pattern that is on the front of the local Camp Ground.

This one is also at the Grand Ole RV Resort and Camp Ground.  It was painted to represent country music, which is so popular in Nashville, TN and Goodlettsville is just outside the city limits of Nashville.

This one is hanging on the building where the local quilt shop Quilter's Attic is.  The owner, Fran, is a certified instructor of Judy Neimeyer patterns and this represents the  Bali Wedding Star  quilt.  I purchased the pattern for my birthday.

This is a Barrister's Block and is hanging on the side of a local attorney's office.  I have to admit that I did get frustrated with the process a couple of times but I'm proud of the way they turned out and it's nice to know that I had a part in it.

1 comment:

desertskyquilts said...

Oh, you really are in TN! I go to Franklin, TN a couple of times a month.