Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Goodlettsville Art and Music Festival

Amanda went with me to the Goodlettsville Art and Music Festival.  I had 8 paintings showing that were for sale.  Hope someone took a few home.  While we were walking around I spotted these three items.


This is a bird house that has been painted and covered with trinkets.  When I saw it I knew exactly what I was going to do.  Make one using all of my mothers earrings.  I have had a bag full of her old earrings for 7 years now and never knew what to do with them.


 This is a flower pot that has been made the same way.  I just have to decide if which one to make.  I think it's a great idea.

And this is the best of all.  Someone has taken an old dress form, painted it, covered it with pennies and sealed it with resin.  She had her custom  made necklaces on it for display.  I have an old dress form and thought this would be another way of recycling something that I don't want to give away.

We had a great day and I was very happy that we were able to spend the time together.

No comments: